Saturday 20 April 2019

Happy Landings

Today was my third successive day for flying off Wolstonbury Hill, that has to be a record, but this warm NE wind was too good to waste. I cycled again in spite of feeling tired after my previous outings - I like to think I'm getting fitter, which is the whole point of the exercise.
The Xeno and the Stage 2 took turns in the air, which provided ample lift.
I discovered a new (and hopefully reliable) landing method. Standing in the middle of the north facing slope I flew straight and level from right to left and aimed at the top left corner of the field where the grass is smooth and the ground gently rises. Sure enough the ground rose up and caught the model smoothly without any further manoeuvres on my part - a very happy landing indeed.
Happy Easter
Russell H

1 comment:

  1. Hi Russell, it is good to find a place where there aren't any of those pesky humps !! You might have to draw a map for all of us !!!

    ReplyDelete