Sunday 28 April 2019

Good lift but rough at the Dyke.

Paul and I met at the far end of the Devil’s Dyke car park where unusually for him he had only brought along his recently completed Phase 6 and I with my Wildthing. We made the short walk to the ridge and I started to unpack my transmitter while Paul assembled his glider. It was at this time Paul noticed that he had inadvertently left the battery switch on after charging and therefor had no power. No flying for Paul. This shows it can happen, even to our most experienced member of the club and maybe a valuable lesson for us all here to re-check our equipment before we set out to the flying site so as to avoid any disappointment. Along then came Scott with his Me163 Komet and we started to fly. The lift was good but rough and cold with gusts of 21 mph. I continued with my glider while Paul instructed Scott on inverted flight with his model. Paul decided to leave us at this time, so Scotty and I continued to enjoy the mornings flying. By late morning it was getting busy with ramblers and dog walkers and a few fast-moving model gliders just above us, so we decided to return home. On the way back to the cars we noticed that apparently it was not only Paul who had battery problems this morning up on the Dyke. Only joking Paul.

2 comments:

  1. Nice write up Tony. Hard luck Paul but thank you for the tuition with the inverted flying, it is great to step out of my comfort zone a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I didn't leave my Phase 6 on or didn't charge it up. When I got back from the Dyke I put the model on charge which was fully charged in 10 mins and when I checked again and switched it all on it was all working fine. Not sure what was going on with it this morning.

    ReplyDelete