Saturday 6 April 2019

Two for Wolstonbury Hill

This morning I met Robin at our pre-arranged parking spot at the bottom of the hill and after a 25 minute casual stroll we found ourselves at the top of the bowl. This time we chose a flying position behind the wire fence. The wind was directly up the bowl at a steady 12mph with good lift but with hazy visibility. Robin and I had our usual models and flying commenced. Both of us decided to practice our landing skills and it did seem that on this side of the fence line there seemed to be fewer lumps in the landing area but only just. At one point I did find myself well below the rim of the bowl but managed to recover the situation. Robin flew really well today and performed many good landings. I must admit I impacted the fence on two occasions. More landing practice for me is obviously required. After about 1hr 20 we decided to return back down the hill. In summary, a very enjoyable flying session was had by both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment