Sunday 7 April 2019

Dithcling Beacon Phase 6 Maiden

Wasn't sure what we would be greeted with up on top of Ditchling Beacon this morning. The visibility was very poor but at least the wind was steady. Rob, John, Tony and I walked across the road and dodging the dog poo we set up next to the fence and stile.
Time to maiden my new Chris Foss Phase 6. It had been finished with visibility in mind and today you needed it. The mist was rolling across the slope so I decided to stand the other side of the fence and then you have plenty of hill to play with beneath your feet.
Here is my Phase 6 Maiden video.
It performed perfectly from launch. Absolutely, no trim was needed. I kept it close by as the vis was so rubbish. The lift was reasonable and the bright colours made it stand out well. The landing flaps worked well with decent control on landing.
Nick turned up with Robin to join the happy group. Nick and Tony were the other side of the fence enjoying flying their Wildthings. I spent some great time with John working on his landings. Rob flew his big white floater Impulse glider that purred up and down the slope for about fifteen minutes with Rob flying very smoothly.
Later a technical fault (we are not sure why) John's Phase 6 ploughed into the hillside with no obvious reasons why it did. Sad when a model goes in through no obvious reason why. Sorry John!
Robin flew his new Mefisto mouldy and showed much skill during practising his landings.
I have a load of additional video that I will put up later which show a load of others flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment