Monday 5 December 2016

Bwlchfest 2017 - A little teaser

Hi guys, I hope you may be interested in the following.

So I had this idea about holding a slope soaring event at the Bwlch, S Wales for next summer and I created the following teaser of a video and popped it on YouTube and various Facebook groups, and the response has been amazing.

The idea is that like minded glider guiders come along to The Bwlch for a weekend of informal flying on a "Fly for Fun" basis.

It doesn't matter if you fly foamies, crunchies, mouldies, F3F, scale, PSS, aerobats or sport models, all are welcome.

A preliminary date of June 10th/11th looks likely, and from the feedback I have received already, A European contingent from Germany, Austria and Slovenia are already making plans to attend this event, including a guy I know from Germany who writes for a aeromodelling magazine there called, Aufwind. So this could become a truly international event.

I will look into organising this event in more detail once the Christmas and New Year festivities are over and finalise the date.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great, i'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of interest Scott. Keep an eye on my blog or go to the Facebook group page, Slope Soaring in Wales where there is an event page and lengthy thread going on.

    ReplyDelete