Thursday 23 January 2014

Slope Soaring This Weekend

Friday 24th Update - Wind looks like more SW early on Saturday morning but good WSW blow from Midday. I am now aiming to get there at 12.00 (Midday). If you are thinking about coming along email me or call me and I can text you in the morning to confirm the exact details.

I hope most of you have received your email regarding this weekends sloping opportunities?
If not and you would like to be added to our slope soaring email list then please send me your email address over and I will add you. I try and send out an email each week with the details of where we will be flying and at what time etc. Everyone is welcome to come along and join us.
This weekend seems to be a tale of two halves. Saturday flyable & Sunday not!.
Saturday has a Westerly wind blowing and strengthening during the day but as the day goes on showers and more frequent rain is forecast. For this reason I plan to get out early to get the best of the sunshine with wind 10 - 20mph Westerly.
Westerly winds don't offer a huge option of flying sites, so I will plump for Itford Hill.
For those who haven't flown at Itford Hill, the site offers great soaring and fantastic views but it does require you to park at the bottom and take a leisurely walk up the hill to the top but It is worth the effort!
I aim to get there by 9.30am and hopefully get at least a few hours slope soaring in.
Here is a map of where we meet. Park opposite the YHA on the verge. On this map you will see the access up the hill using the South Downs way.

No comments:

Post a Comment