Saturday 25 January 2014

The Long Man's SW Bowl

We turned up at Itford Hill as arranged only to find the wind was SW and not the W - WSW as was predicted. A quick chat with Rob & Marc and it was decided to go and try up at the Long Man.
Be warned, the top car park was a bog of chalky mud and huge deep puddles. You should see the state of my Land Rover! Marc parked his car further down the road which in hindsight was a good call. A short hike up the hill with a couple of other RC pilots and we were up on the edge of a huge SW facing bowl.
The take off was a problem with the wind blowing 35mph + but with a helper launching you it wasn't too bad. The landing was also Interesting as there wasn't much area to land on that wasn't in strong lift but as soon as you went anywhere near the footpath at the top of the slope your glider just fell out of the sky as I proved with my first flight - Lesson learnt I think!
I clipped on my new Contour Roam HD camera and took some video from the air. Watch the video and you will see me trying to fly with Rob's Ninja - Not easy in those conditions, I tell you!
Cant wait to try it out on a good day with loads of Ninja's up flying at the same time.
Here you can see some air to air shots of Rob's Ninja.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment