Saturday 11 July 2015

Itford - The 3 R's

Today up at Itford I was joined by Rob, Russell and Roger as well as 400+ Macmillan walkers proudly striding up the hill. Beautiful day with a swinging wind which started w or WNW but at times seemed to be coming straight of the Sea SSW but most of the time the hill together with some good thermals made it work well most of the time. Rob had his Stargazer and Moth, Russell had a foam wing and Roger brought along his friendly personality!
I had a great time with loads of flying done. The Dragon was screaming along and then slowed up nicely to become a thermal soarer. Even managed some decent landings with her. Played silly beggars with my Tracuer with lots of close up mucking about. So I was happy and it was nice to meet up with the two new guys Roger and Russell.

1 comment:

  1. I'd not flown from Itford Hill before last Saturday, it's a smashing site, thanks for the introduction. The forecast is WSW again next Saturday morning so I might try a different model there then...

    ReplyDelete