Sunday 26 July 2015

General Update

Hi All,
Just thought I would issue a general update for everyone about the club and what's going on....

We have two new members in the recent weeks - Roger Harris from Hove and David Gore from Burgess Hill they are both most welcome. David will concentrate on electric gliding at the field and will hopefully be able to use the tractor to keep the landing areas short. I am waiting confirmation from the owner that one or two of us can use the tractor for this purpose. I also checked with the BMFA and they confirm that providing we are using the tractor for the flying field, we are fully insured to use it.
I also went to the field yesterday to trim the hedges along the roadside in London Road because on leaving the track it was impossible to see to the right. I have now cleared all the overgrown hedging and we can now leave more safely.
While at the field I met a potential new member - David Taylor from Hassocks. I hope David will join us and come and have some fun with us.

I also managed to get hold of an old Zagi foam wing yesterday from a colleague in Haywards Heath - we can either use this as a club 'trainer' or let one of our newer members buy it as their own introduction to sloping. It's pretty good and only cost £15 !
It has two working servos and only needs a battery and rx to get it going....


 
STOP PRESS - Roger Harris has bought the Zagi !!!

This week I am also collecting an old Spectre (just like Will's), so we can do the same with that - either keep it or sell it to a new member....

Paul and I have made some minor changes to our constitution namely in the area of the date for paying subs. I have changed it from January to April to reflect when we got the field. I have also now added Paul and I as the nominated club instructors as we are both BMFA club instructors now.

That's all for now
Best regards

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment