Saturday 30 June 2018

Mini Vec Rebuild - Finished

Hi All,
I have now finished the re-build of the Mini Vec.
I had to cut the pushrods to length and glue them to the couplers (tricky), then set up the servos and centre everything ready to fly -


Next I had to epoxy 100g of lead shot into the nose which again was tricky trying not to spill it all over the fuselage / workbench then keep it nose down for 5 mins while it went off - it usually gets hot, but it got very hot as it was curing - maybe the lead had an effect ? Either way the nose is now full of lead weight -

Only remains for me to add the battery and then set up the final C of G with stick-on weights either side of the battery.
Then, of course, I have to fly it again - which will be a nervous event after last time !!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment