Saturday 16 June 2018

The Long Man

As seems the norm lately, myself and Ian went flying by ourselves up at The Long Man. The conditions where breezy but thankfully dry. Nice to meet up with some fellow modellers flying there foamies. Watching them combating was fun. I flew my merlow mouldy and Ian his Jart and both of us thought conditions were a little on the bumpy side. We had a chase around with our M60's, then off home again.
As we drove back past Mount Caburn we saw a full sized glider trying to soar the front face of Caburn. It wasn't doing too well and flew over us and promptly started its engine up and off it went just as the rain arrived. It was a DG400 based out of Ringmer.
It has to be said that we are very thin on the ground lately when it comes to members up on the hills flying. Me and Ian are starting to question if its us or our after shave. Come on guys. we are meant to be a model flying club - lets get out and fly some models!!
Saying that I will be away on my hols and I will miss at least the next 3 weekends (until the middle of July). Its your opportunity to get out flying without the possibility of meeting me up there, I know this will be the encouragement you need to get out flying again.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I couldn’t make it yesterday Paul, long man is a great site. Hope you have nice hols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Richard and I met up on Friday afternoon in Ashdown Forest, for a spot of thermal chasing. The weather was great, although there was little wind there was just enough for throwing our 100inch woodies into space and hooking the occasional boomer. We met a few regulars too, with their electric-assisted models. It's always risky booking a day of annual leave to go flying and potentially embarrassing too when you invite a friend along, but the bet paid off handsomely on Friday.

    ReplyDelete