Sunday 21 August 2016

Sunday 21 Aug at Itford Hill

Hi All,
Today we met at Itford Hill to take advantage of the strong Westerly.
Paul, Bob and I met at the parking place at 9:30 and found Scott's car already there !
Paul called Scott to find that he was already up the hill with his Wildthing. Paul had brought along his Valenta Dragon which Scott has bought, so being unable to carry them all up the hill, Scott had to come all the way down to collect it (that's some walk !).
We then all proceeded to walk to the flying place where Scott had left his Wildthing and backpack.
Paul had his Aresti and Willow , I had my new Mini Vec, Bob had his Wildthing and new Ninja .
I set up my Mini Vec while Paul was assembling his Willow.
Bob and Scott were already in the air with their Wildthings.
I asked Paul to help me check the Mini Vec to find that there was no response to any of the controls, most odd !! I had checked it just 1 minute before.
Anyway I launched Paul's Willow and just sat there wondering what to do.
I remembered that I had brought my trusty Ninja but it was way down the hill in the car.
Andrew then arrived with his Sky Cruise which I launched and it flew really well and was able to take about 5 minutes of video before a heavy landing ended it's flying for the day.
I told Andrew that I had my Ninja and his Diamond in my car, so we both walked all the way down to get them (and of course all the way back up to fly them).
Paul had moved to the Aresti when we got back and Scott decided to go back (for the 3rd time) to his car to get his SAS Blob.
Bob and I were flying our Ninjas, Andrew was in orbit with his tiny Diamond, Paul was scaring the sheep with his Aresti and Scott was out of breath sitting at the top of the hill after his 3rd trip to the car.
Scott finally flew both his Dragon (with Paul's help) and the Blob.
The conditions today were pretty good, variable amounts of lift  but always enough to keep the models nicely in the air. We all had a brilliant 2.5 hours.
Thanks to all who came...

5 comments:

  1. I had a great day on the hill, Wildthing flying much better now with a slight adjustment to the CoG and pleased with the performance of the Ninja on its maiden today. Lots of slippery fast mouldies whistling through the skies, shame we didnt see the mini Vec fly.
    For me the plane of the day was Scott's Blob, flew fantastically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction Bob, I think you meant to say that the Blob flew fantastically with Paul at the controls. I'm glad he was there, it looked like it didn't want to come down and I would not have stood a chance in bringing it down in one piece.

      Delete
  2. Nice write up Rob, it was a great flying session this morning. I'm now felling tired after all of the walking. Thanks Paul for your assistance and patience!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write up Rob. Enjoyed the session. I will try and upload the video when I have worked out how to edit it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All, my Mini Vec turned out to be a duff battery, put a new one in and hey presto it all works fine...

    ReplyDelete