Thursday 25 August 2016

Shout Box Issues

Hello all
As you may have noticed the 'Shout Box' has disappeared !! This has been caused by the provider ending their services. See note below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement

We were experiencing severe server issues today that resulted in disruption of our services. We eventually overcome those issues and restored most of our data and accounts from daily backups. We are sorry for inconvenience.

We would like to announce that we are going to end our service within next few weeks. We will no longer accept new accounts or new account extensions and will try to provide support for existing accounts for some time while we ask you to search for alternative solution.

Thank you for being with us for so long. We really appreciate that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, they have closed our 'FREE' account and I can not get the code we need to make the 'Shout Box' work.

I will over the next few days look for a suitable alternative but we might need to pay for such a service in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Paul for managing the situation. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, It cannot be helped - this often happens with free services. I'm sure the club would pay if we had to for another similar service.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, I was beginning to think the problem was at my end.
    Good luck finding an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was just me! Happy to pay if we need to. PS anyone thinking of flying over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to pay too if we need to, the shout box s really useful. I'm up for flying this weekend but not sure on timing as I need to do some family things. I have a Weasel eager to get out of the box!!!

    ReplyDelete