Saturday 27 August 2016

Turbulant times up on Mount Caburn today.

Scott, Jim, Ian and I met up top of Mount Caburn this morning. The forecast East wind around 10 -15mph changed its mind and gave us a ENE wind of around 20 - 25mph initially. The wind slowly eased and moved around to the East.
Ian flew both of his mouldies. The big heavy beast and then the Nan Shadow (first flight since its major surgery to repair a broken fus and tail). As usual Mr Ashdown gave us an impressive flying display in the very rough and turbulent conditions.
Scott maidened his new Dream-Flight Weasel in what was challenging conditions. Unfortunately for Jim a faulty RX meant Jim couldn't fly but I think he enjoyed the walk.
I floated about for a bit listening to the vario beeping and squawking at me. Managed some flying with my Weasel which was nice but the air was not at all smooth so as I had flown all mine and managed to not crash anything, It was decided to retire to the pub for a nice pint of Harveys Best - Cheers !!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, Sorry I didn't come. Looks like it would have been a challenge for my 'new' Impulse anyway ?

    ReplyDelete