Monday 15 August 2016

Yesterday at the field

Met up with Ian and Bob yesterday morning at the field. Bob had damaged his prop on a test glide and unfortunately had nothing else to fly but joined us anyway for some moral support. Ian and I flew our DLG's in what should have been a very buoyant and thermic day but turned out to be just a struggle. A big thermal soarer would have managed to stay up if you could get up and stay high but we had fun and the thing about DLG flying is you just have to keep throwing it into the sky with the hope of getting away and most of the time you will.
Just as a reminder that Tim has a really nice DLG up for sale at a very cheap price. Would easily do as an entry level and above for most of us. If Interested just leave Tim a message in the 'Shout Box'.
As usual Ian proved the better pilot while getting a lot lower launches than my Blaster he hooked into more thermals than me. I'm watching and taking advice from him to help me improve.
Just a pity more club members couldn't get down to join us. I know Rob was a little under the weather and I hope he is feeling a little better today?
You will also pleased to know that I have posted all my video's from my Welsh trip but I am still planning to go to the Isle of Wight probably in September after the Kids go back to school and then later on in the year a trip back to Wales for another slice of soaring paradise.

1 comment:

  1. I bought the DLG from Tim last night, should be picking it up tomorrow night. Looking forward to flinging that up in the air.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete