Friday 8 April 2016

Mijet Info

Having seen the post and video posted about the Mijet, I thought you may be interested to read this.

Last year I bought a couple of thermal soarers from a guy living in Staffordshire, Colin Prior. Colin is now in his late 70's, has had a quadruple heart bi pass and recovered from cancer. Unfortunately he does not fly anymore but he still loves to build.

In his day, Colin was a big name in the UK aero modelling scene, and specifically the slope soaring scene, writing reviews for the modelling press at the time as well as designing his own models.

One of these models was the Mijet, which was produced as a plan and a kit and I believe was very popular and successful. He sent me a couple of pictures which I believe were taken in the Malvern Hills. As you can see, there are a few of them here.



Steve

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve, that's a very good story and until I met Graham U I had never heard of the Mijet. Graham's has been a mainstay of his fleet for a LONG time, and it's still flying very well especially now it' got flaps too

    ReplyDelete