Thursday 28 April 2016

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Hi All,
Well, I know that by now you will have read of the demise of my Mini Blade at my own hands this Tuesday. I was stupid enough to make a big mistake on the flaps and it cost me the model.
I spoke with Paul in the evening and he said that Tim had a Mini Vector (Mini Vec) which was RTF and unflown. I immediately said that I would have it, knowing that I wanted another model similar to the Mini Blade and not really getting much time to build anything recently, the Mini Vec seemed the ideal solution. Plus Tim wasn't really planning on flying it and has had it for quite some time.

Here's some pictures for you -
Tim also very kindly let me buy the carry bag for it, so it wouldn't get damaged in transit (no guarantee that it'll survive my flying !).
I went to Tim's house this morning and took my Dx9 with me and we transferred Tim's programming for the Mini Vec from his tx to mine and it is now all set up with flaps, crow braking, etc.....

I am most grateful to Paul and Tim for their sterling assistance in my hour of need - basically I was banking on taking the Mini Blade on our upcoming trip to IOW , but stupidly flew it at the Dyke on Tuesday and ..... well you know the rest !
So, thanks again Paul and Tim - we intend to maiden fly the Mini Vec on Saturday (weather permitting), why not come along ?

Rob

1 comment:

  1. A nice model that Rob, I hope you have fun flying it.

    ReplyDelete