Sunday 25 May 2014

And how did that model get in the back of the car?

Having taken the ferry over to the Isle of Wight with the family, we arrived to lovely weather and blue skies. if not a little breezy. First stop to Alum Bay and the Needles.
Anyone for some cliff soaring?
Then dropped the family at the Pearl place (Near Brightstone) on the South side of the Island and walked about a hundred yards to the cliff edge above the beach. Checked I could get down and collect my model if it all went wrong and went for it.
Medium lift in a 15mph Southerly breeze. launched from the edge of a 100ft cliff. Not massive cliffs but gave good lift but the rotor behind the hill was mega. Two launches and two arrivals with strong sink just behind the cliffs.
My second flight was at Ventor. A beautiful secluded beach with small cliffs just along from the beach area. The family walked down to the beach and I walked up to the cliffs.
The wind now was a lot lighter and the landing area very small but I just had to try it. Took some lovely on-board video that didn't record but I did take some video with my phone while trying to fly at the same time.  Roll on this Saturday, when Jack, Clint, Rob and I go over to the Isle of Wight sloping.

No comments:

Post a Comment