Friday 9 May 2014

Sloping off to Wales.....

Jack, Clint & I are off to Wales a week today (16th, 17th & 18th May). The weather at the moment is forecasting a cracking weekend with high pressure building and the temperatures soaring into the 70's. A good and variable wind directions should give us some variation in slopes to fly. Lets hope it turns out lovely. Driving up early on Friday morning to get some flying in on Friday afternoon. All day flying on Saturday and if we still want more, fly Sunday am.
Here is a link to 'The Bwlch' from where we will be flying an a mega video from 'The Crest' which looks like we might get to fly from if the wind stays as is forecast. If you're Interested in joining us - get in touch!

Better pack the suntan cream boys!

3 comments:

  1. You know what Paul, I may just have to book Friday off work and head up the Bwlch to join you as it's the only day I could possibly get any flying in.
    This weekends weather looks pants here so I shall concentrate on doing some model building.
    I'll let you know if I'm going to be up the Bwlch later in the week.
    Steve
    A470Soaring.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way. If the wind is easterly and you fly the crest, the rotor is horrendous in anything stronger than a 15mph wind. I've walked back 100mtr and the rotor has still tossed me around and flipped me over. But the flying is smooth and AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve
    It would be great to meet up again and do some flying together. We wont be up till just after lunch. Go on take a day's holiday. Keep the southerners happy!

    ReplyDelete