Wednesday 14 May 2014

Flying Today at Devil's Dyke

Hi all,
This morning myself, Graham U and Terry B went to Devil's Dyke to fly the light Northerly winds. When we got there we were greeted by 27 para-gliders all in the air and all in the way !
Unlike 2 local fliers (who we know from Mill Hill), we decided not to fly and de-camped to Jack and Jill Windmills.
On arrival there, we were greeted with an empty car park and an empty hill - looked promising.
I then was approached by a dog who was obviously lost and spent the next hour or more trying to find its owner (that included a walk all the way down from Clayton Hill to the village below). Graham and Terry tried to get some flying in the light winds and Graham's electric glider was the better of the two. Terry's Wild Thing hardly got anywhere, but Terry had a lot of walking !
While I was at the bottom of the hill with my new 'friend', I got a call from Graham's mobile saying that the dog's owner was up at the top of the hill. That meant I had to walk all the way back up to Clayton Hill to re-unite dog and owner (both were very grateful, handshake from owner and licks from dog ). I then spent the next 30 minutes sitting on the wet grass trying to recover !
Oh well, no flying but a very good deed was enacted.
After I got my breath back , Graham gave me control of his model, but having taken it very high I was told, 'please try to bring it down, because it's not easy to slow down or land'. This put me in a panic and I subsequently dived this 30 year old model , causing the wings to flutter and Graham to grab the TX to gain control. Quite right my friend Graham , I've never seen wings bend like that ! I'm sorry.
Graham also bought my Fusion this morning , so he can now join in the combat fun when the wind finally returns.
Watch out for further video action from Graham U later today............

No comments:

Post a Comment