Saturday 10 June 2017

Newhaven Cliffs

Myself and Will met up with Rob for a session on the cliffs at Newhaven Fort.
The sky was a beautiful deep blue and the wind was just perfect onto the slope.
We had a brief flight to test out the conditions and get the feel of the sticks. Then I suggested we go cross country and walk the cliff path while we flew our models. It sometimes causes problems to walk and watch were you are going and fly at the same time. I only completely lost my model once and a quick roll on the sticks identified the model in the sky.
I walked to the end of the cliffs you can see from the Fort. I reckon its at least a mile away. Here is a little video of me flying taken by me with a phone in one hand and the TX in the other.
We had about an hour and a half flying until Rob had to make his way back. It made a big change to fly the cliffs - we must do it more often. If you wander along the cliff path there are some big fields behind with easy access so we should be able to hurl off the big mouldys.
Will enjoying himself!!



2 comments:

  1. Looked like a nice morning and the cross country sounds fun. Hopefully I will get back out with you guys soon now we have moved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun up there - I'd defo be up for a X-country if you do one! Nice video considering shot from the hip :-)

    ReplyDelete