Wednesday 28 September 2016

Fusion is Recovered From Newhaven

Hi All,
I managed to get to Newhaven this morning to retrieve my lost Fusion - well it wasn't 'lost' just hard to get at ! I took some tree-felling rope and some long-handled clippers to help me - plus of course my wife and Edward the dog. We ran the rope down the slope where Ian and I had decided would be a good place and then my wife held onto one end while I shinned down the short steep slope.

Here's a picture my wife took of the rope disappearing over the edge - I was on the other end !

Once I was down, it was easy to traverse the hill after cutting my way through the brambles and low trees. I managed to reach the Fusion after about 30 metres and then it was a clear path back to the rope. Once I got back up I could see that the Fusion was fine, but the battery was flat.
When I got home I replaced the battery and cleaned up the model ready for the next flight !!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you recovered it. I would have helped you but my hand is taking time to heal so wouldn't have been able to do a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rob, glad you managed to get it back!

    ReplyDelete