Saturday 14 January 2023

Itford Hill on Monday 9/1/2023

I arrived at the the bottom around about 9am,to find Martin J had just arrived too so we started the walk up " seems quicker when with company".
I had brought along my Wildthing and my just finished  Starlet to test/try out,Martin J had his Wildthing 46  and 60 and his Aggressor but chose to try the Wildthing 60  and Aggressor.
When we got to the top there was plenty of wind for my Wildthing but Martin J struggled with his Wildthing 60, he later walked down and got his Wildthing 60 which was much better.
Around 10ish Mark arrived with his Wildthing and Magnus models, followed by Robin A and Robin S with their models Robin A with his scratch built small wing and Phase 6 and Robin S with a Phase 5 and phase 6 models.

The wind was blustery at times with some good lift but also some sink at times, but everyone had good stick time. A couple of non-members turned up - Jim was a friend of Mark's from his power model club (Horam) and the other, not sure of his name, was an ESSA member.
I did get to test my newly built Starlet which flew quite nicely but needs a few alterations, a big thanks to Mark J for landing it for me " I need more landing practice".
All In all a nice morning's flying and Mark J stayed on till 2pm with even better lift.
Thanks for your company and see you next time.

PS I forgot to say that early on I put my Wildthing in the bushes and while retrieving fell out flat on my back OUCH!!!.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin, Great write-up, thanks for your input to the blog.....

    ReplyDelete