Friday 13 January 2023

Itford Hill on Blustery Friday 13th Jan '23

For me this was my first flying session of the year, I was starting to think that I should consider building boats instead of aircraft owing to the prevailing weather conditions, will it ever stop raining, I ask myself.

A suggestion was made by a club member to arrange a flying session at Itford Hill. Apparently, there was to be a break in the weather fronts moving across Sussex and blue skies and a fair breeze was forecast. To this end, I charged up the batteries and headed East and ascended the hill to find Rob S, Martin J and Mark J already there. Rob S and Martin J had been there a while and informed me that it was very blustery and cold but once the model was away from the slope flying conditions improved. 

Indeed we did enjoy blue skies, no rain and a good wind.

On display this morning were 3 SAS Wildthings and a Mirage F3F pylon racer belonging to Mark J. Mark also brought along a very modified Lidl glider for some test flying but all did not go too well.

The SAS Wildthings performed well in the 31mph winds, and the Mirage enjoyed its time up in the air. A good time was had by all and I for one am looking forward to our next flying session.

Models Flying Today

Well Wrapped up Club Members


No comments:

Post a Comment