Friday 11 September 2020

Chris Foss Phase 6 finally completed


Here it is finally completed, my Chris Foss Phase 6 sport, I started the project last year in January and posted up my build ideas and progress. I took the chance in March and April this year to finally finish it and Maiden it at Itford Hill in June.
The results are its kitted out with 4 savox sh-0255 in the wings for flaps and ailerons and New Power XL-17HMB and 17MB which I had spare for the elevator and rudder.
2000mah eneloop 4.8v battery, Frsky X8R receiver.

The first flight went great, nice and level from the launch with very little trim, only nose down elevator but soon discovered it would not roll, I had setup the aileron deflections at the trailing as per the instructions.  
I landed the model safely and after discussions with other Phase 6 owners I needed far more movement.

After a successful maiden, I made the adjustments at home and had my second flight at a later date, at Mill Hill Shoreham by sea.
It now rolled fantastically and I progressed on to seeing how the crow setup worked, I soon discovered I needed more elevator compensation at full crow.
Long story short I spent a few further flying sessions adjusting the compensation and was nearly spot on, but shortly after I decided to install Mike Shellim https://rc-soar.com/  active elevator compensation program to my model setup and now I have inflight compensation which works amazingly and have implemented for other models now too.
Further setup mixes have now been added to try, Aileron and flaps mixed plus snap flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment