Saturday 12 September 2020

Finally back on the slopes

During a weeks break in Wales, I met up with Ian and went slope soaring at The Bwlch. This was the first time out slope soaring for nearly eight months. We waited for a cold front to go through and the wind swung round to NW and after the cloud lifted and the air dried out we were left with a wonderfully clear afternoon and great conditions. 

It was a real pleasure to meet up with Ian again and enjoy barrelling along the slope with my M60 and my Merlow F3F. Ian brought along his scratch built AR-1 which had its maiden and flew really well for an eighties vintage glider. He also flew his euphoria which as ever eat up the sky well given its age and condition.

Here are a few videos taken during our flying session.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul and Ian, As ever, the Bwlch never fails to impress me (when I went there with Paul it rained all day !!) and it looks like you had a wonderful time up there....

    ReplyDelete