Sunday 23 December 2018

Foamy Party

Paul, Ian, Tony and myself met at the parking area at 9.30.  We were joined shortly after by Mark.  Paul said that it would be nice to have a pre-Christmas combat session, Paul & Ian made their old Ninja’s flight ready, Tony had his repaired Wildthing on which he had done a fantastic repair and it flew really well. I had my Wildthing, Mamba and new Komet.  Unfortunately, the Komet had a dodgy servo and I didn’t fly it.

Most of the session we were either trying to knock each other’s foamies out of the sky or stay in the air when the wind dropped.  Paul and Ian scored plenty of hits including Paul practicing spot landings with my downed Wildthing as the spot.  I did manage a few hits including a clash with Tony’s Wildthing which resulted in both ending up on the ground, sorry Tony glad there was no damage!

The only damage was Paul’s Ninja losing a wing tip and my Mamba suffering a broken control horn.

Mark had a good flying session, although without foamie.  He managed to thread his glider through the melee of foamies often at high speed!

Ian and I ended up at the pub for a debriefing, the others had taxi or shopping duties to take care of.

All in all a very enjoyable fun session and we all agreed that we haven’t had such a fun session in ages!

Cheers guys

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment