Friday 10 March 2017

Mark's FPV Project

With all this FPV going on I thought I would give it a go. So a trip up into the loft to get the Hobbyking BFG 2600 glider down. I got this when it was on sale about 18 months ago, I think it was about £78 with servos motor and ESC, though I don't know how long the motor will last, as bolt's and a bag came to mind when I ran it up. It should be big enough to fit everything in.
I've got a spare flight controller a NAZE32, a VT Tx and a mini OSD, left over from a quad build, which I'll use in the BFG. I'm going to try a mini camera, I'll see how it goes as the quality and contrast can be a bit hit and miss with these. I've also go a old GPS module which might work with the flight controller.
So far I've flashed the Flight controller with INAV  to try it out and set it up in airplane mode. Set up the radio. Made an SBUS inverter cable for the Frsky X8R receiver. Got the flight controller and receiver working together on SBUS,  so now I've got 16 channels to play with. And made a mount for the flight controller.
I'm waiting for a few other bits before its ready for testing.
Mark J

No comments:

Post a Comment