Friday 17 March 2017

Bespoke Maxa 4 Wing & Transport Bags

Bespoke Wing Skins & Model Transport Bags:
Today I received my bespoke wing skins and transport bag for my Vladimir Maxa 4 from Tailored RC Model Bags. The Maxa fuselage is over 1800mm / 6' long and with a 4 metre - 3 piece wing. I was struggling to find a suitable bag to store and move the model around. Given the cost of the model and because it seems more of my models get damaged in transit rather than flying these days I wanted to protect my investment and wrap up this expensive glider in something decent. An email was forwarded to me from a guy called Peter Watson based here in the UK. After a few emails and a discussion on the phone Peter came up with a bespoke design that was made to fit the Maxa exactly.



The long fuselage and huge fin was a concern to me but Peter came up with the idea to fit the fuselage into a protective sock. The sock then slides into a pouch on the outside of the bag (which has been extended to take the long fuselage) and then a small strap has been added to secure the fin to the bag. I have previously bought the transport bags from Hyperflight but they never provided a secure fixing of the fin and the outside pouch was generally too small in length or too small to slide the fuselage down inside.
This bespoke bag offers 3 padded area's inside for the centre section and the two outer wing panels plus a long sectioned pocket to house the tail plane plus more. The outside of the bag comes with the models name stitched into the side as well as a hanging loop at the end of the bag so you can hang it vertically to save space.
Peter also made me a centre section wing skin that fits like a glove. Lovely padded material that provides made to measure protection.
From start to finish Peter has provided me with superb service and a quality bespoke made product for a very reasonable price compared with what's out there already.
As yet Peter doesn't have a website but is being kept busy through word of mouth recommendations and can be contacted via email or phone:
Pete Watson
Tailored RC Model Bags
07825260038
pete1.watson@hotmail.com
I am very happy with my new model bag and fuselage / wing skins. Can't recommend Pete enough!!
If you want to protect your expensive models from transit damage then give him a call.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice bit of kit Paul, but being semi scale, my new Valenta L213A fuselage would never fit in any model bag I think. I'll probably have to whiz something up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering whether Peter can make one the same shape as you ? We can then carry you up the hill too !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete