Saturday 23 July 2016

A day of firsts...................

Firstly let me thank all that came along and enjoyed the glorious weather down on our club field.
We had a great turn out with eight of us out flying.
So what about the firsts?
Roger did his first ever bungee with his own build Algebra and didn't he do well. You must have had about five or six launches in the end Roger? Well done.
Our new member Bob made his first visit to our club field and got on very well with everyone. I hope you enjoyed yourself Bob?
Andrew was the first person to land or semi crash on to the golf course. Time to bin that bloody model and get a mouldy. We all know you can fly very well. Go on - spend some money !!!!
Today was the first time for me not to get away while DLG'ing at the field and my first time dodging huge round hay bales on approach. Made landing a little more Interesting. I did get 105 metres off the bungee with my Xpro but couldn't get away to join Graham and Ian. More practice needed there I think.
Ian was the first person to climb away with his DLG in a mega thermal and then went on to spec out his Shadow.
It was the first time Ian and I had flown our DLG's in a 20mph wind and no it wasn't very successful.
It was the first time in ages we have enjoyed Rob's company. It was great to see our good friend back on his feet again and out enjoying himself with his buddies. Nice to have you back Rob.
Any other firsts???????

4 comments:

  1. I had a great time, nice to see such a wide range of gliders, really looking forward to actually flying with you. Looks like my wallet is in for a bashing.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time at the field I didn`t Dlg, even though i had the Libelle with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've been out for 6 weeks and I really enjoyed it.
    First time I didn't bring a model with me to a flying session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time I crashed all 3 models!

    ReplyDelete