Sunday 13 September 2015

Another afternoon at Wolstonbury Hill.

The forecast was all over the place today and I nearly didn't go.

In the end the forecast changed enough to give it a try. 

It was a bit chilly today compared with Thursday afternoon but unnily enough the conditions were very similar. Very patchy lift which was sometimes challenging and occasionally very rewarding with some good climbs to a couple of hundred feet above the ridge.

I took the whole stable today!


I didn't fly the Spectre in the end but the Stargazer went really well. Then the lift started to peter out and I decided to try the Cularis. It went really well, but what a contrast to the other two models! The roll rate was very slow in comparison, but it flew like it was on rails. Quite graceful, if I say so myself!

I tried out the variometer - it was good to be able to relate the noises coming from it with the behaviour of the model. This will be a really useful tool when learning to thermal soar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roger - good old Stargazer - just keeps on going despite numerous breakages, etc... glad you like it - I really did too ......

    ReplyDelete