Sunday 7 June 2015

Lovely thermic flying at the field today

A group of us met up at the clubs flying field looking for the elusive thermal. Not the sort you wrap up warm with in the cold but warm rising columns of air that help scoop up the light DLG's and electric gliders and send them skywards.
I was lucky because not long after arriving I managed to hook a lovely thermal with my Libelle DLG. She soared away high up to a spec under the boiling clouds. Both Will and Scott had a go with the Libelle which is a lovely glider to fly. Scott had his electric glider and Tim had his Solius electric gliders. Both guys flew and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I flew my old rudder / elevator motor glider which as usual just carried on climbing away. Will took over and climbed it away even further. Bernie joined us with a huge F3J electric glider by Valenta. What a beauty (That's the glider not Bernie by the way!) very impressive with a fast climb out and a nice slow landing pace. Eventually everyone left except me. I stayed on till 14.30 which gave me 3 1/2 hours of flying fun. I managed to climb away with my other DLG after many launches and a cracking flight with my Nan Omega. She wouldn't come down. In the end I put out full landing flap and lots of nose down to get her out of the strong lift. I had a mega time with just wonderful conditions. Sorry no video or pictures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment