Monday 29 June 2015

A Quiet Weekend for Fixing Broken Models

Hi All,
This weekend turned out to be disappointing for weather and therefore we decided to postpone Itford Hill until better conditions prevail.
On the other hand, I took the opportunity to repair my broken models instead.
I started with the fuselage on the Quark which I 'cracked' last time I was at Itford and now have a fully working Quark again albeit with some slightly different red covering on the repair (why is 'red' Solarfilm not the same all the time ?)

I have been working on my favourite Stargazer (which was only £30, but flies so nicely) and it now has a new tail-end all made from solid balsa instead of being built-up (because it got broken all the time).I can't wait to get it flying again.

I also was working on a re-cover of the Ninja because after several years the covering was looking a bit sad. I spent quite a few hours of Saturday re-covering it with cross-weave after having put new metal geared servos inside. All I need to do now is cover it with coloured tape - looks like it'll be 'Aqua blue' which looks green to me !!

On Saturday I was talking with Will because he wants a more aerobatic model to fly, so after thinking about it, I decided that he really needs a Traceur. As they aren't made any more, I decided to let him have my kit and all the bits I had bought to put in it. Will came over on Sunday and has now taken it home for his first 'build' project. It's very much pre-fabricated so I hope and expect he will make a good job of it.

Regards

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment