Sunday 2 August 2020

It has been a while since I have been able to get out flying. I met up with Scotty and Robert Powell at Mill Hill yesterday morning. ATC were duly notified and asked us to keep an eye on our height as the previous weekend had seen some models flying higher than they would like.
Scotty flew his little red Messerschmidt which went very well (as always). Robert flew his needle and erwin which both looked very graceful and smooth in the air.
I flew my Strega which was going lovely until the right aileron linkage came loose and the model did some very funny things at not a lot of height. Partial control was regained, just enough to get her back to the landing site (aka a bush). Luckily no damage, just need to rescure the linkage.
I then tried my repaired again phase 6 but somehow the model had disappeared from my transmitter. quick bind and setup and she was ready to go. She flew well having been put back together with glass and poly C both inside and out on the fuselage. Had some lovely flying and looking forward to getting back up on a hill soon.
John

1 comment:

  1. Hi John, Thanks for doing the write-up. It's good to see that the flying is now returning to something like it was before .... let's hope it will continue...

    ReplyDelete