Saturday 4 January 2020

My first soaring session of 2020

I met with John and we trudged up to the top of Itford Hill. The wind wasn't the strongest but It gave us an opportunity to try out our Wisel gliders.
Mine still didn't fly right but it was flyable. PS..... don't try and catch a balsa built up wing model as it wont end well. I broke one of the ribs. This will mean cutting the film and repairing the broken bits then recovering the wing. John maidened his Wisel and after just a little trimming it flew very well.
Then we were joined by Robin so that made 3 of us on the hillside.
Robin flew his sleek mouldy glider with plenty of landings being practised. I said I wouldn't mention his dodgy landing the other side of the fence (opps!) sorry Robin...…...
I practised many landings with my trusted Phase 6.
After two hours I was having trouble feeling my fingers so myself and John decided to head down to the cars. On the way down we bumped into Rob P, James and I assume Mrs Powell.

No comments:

Post a Comment