Sunday 23 September 2018

Full size up on Ditchling Beacon today

Ian and I went for a cheeky hour sloping up on Ditchling Beacon West after the rain went through.  It was cold but the visibility was just amazing. While we were flying we had some great views of t full sized gliders steaming through.
A Lasham based Duo Discus XL, DG1000 and a Cirrus.
I really enjoyed M60 racing with Ian. Both were fully ballasted up and flying fast until as we were crossing the slope (only 50’ above the slope) and met a full sized Cirrus speeding along the slope. Don’t these guys know we fly at Ditchling and that even an M60 could do some damage to their gliders?
I was getting cold hands as the strong NNW wind blew (winters on its way) so we both decided it was time to go. On the way back we bumped into Scotty.
I have loads more video and pics but need to load them up at work tomorrow.
Cheers Ian for the company and getting me out and flying. It was a welcome escape,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment