Sunday 14 February 2016

What do you do when you have forgotten the flowers, card and chocolates - go flying !!

Well what a turn out we had this morning up on Ditchling Beacon !
Rob, Andrew, Dave, Les, Scott, Ian, Roger and me braved the minus wind chill to enjoy a good few hours sloping and joking and dodging the dog poo. You flew till you couldn't feel your fingers and then tried to do a decent landing which some people managed and others didn't. I managed to get some good video both on board the Dragon and using the faithful old head cam.
Les changed to profile of his beloved Cliffwhacker to such an extent its now called a Cliffwonker. Andrew flew very well with Rob's Ninja especially when I was trying to chase him about the sky. Graham had his little HobbyKing Ridge Ryder wing that flew surprisingly well given the lightness of it but at least it floated well when it landed just into the pond behind the hill. Ian showed me how it should be done when he flew my M60 and then the Dragon. So stop it Ian - its not big and its not clever, bloody show off!! Scott was sporting a lovely new piece of cam-cordery on his head. The latest Gopro from which I hope he got some decent video. He also flew his trusty Wildthing, but left the Cliffwacker on the ground. Rob spent most of his time either providing support or guidance to others or playing with his canine friends. So who haven't I been rude or derogatory about in this report? Sorry Roger, just didn't see enough of your flying to warrant any flack. I hope your fine lady didn't get too cold?
A huge thank you to all who made the effort and I hope the frost bite gets better soon.........
PS. Did anyone find a lovely woollen flat cap up on the hill. I lost my cap and I'm offering a reward of 30 used poo bags to whom ever finds it !!!!!


NEWS FLASH - LOOKS LIKE DAVID TAYLOR HAS FOUND PAUL'S CAP, SO HE GETS THE USED POO BAGS !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Heh! Suzy was fine thanks! My flying was ok, just the leading left a little to be desired. As usual after landing I wiggled the sticks while walking up to the model. The elevons worked fine, just the fuse was not attached to the wing, lol!

    ReplyDelete