Wednesday 4 November 2015

This Coming Sunday - Remembrance Marches

Hi All,
I just want to remind everyone that this Sunday - 8th November is remembrance Sunday, that means that a lot of villages and towns will be holding their marches through their towns to remember those killed in conflict.

I know that this Sunday there is such a march at Glynde village and suspect it will consist of a march to the church (St Mary's), to end at around 11:00 for the 2 minutes silence.

Last weekend I saw signs notifying drivers that  -

Glynde village will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC during the morning march

I suggest that you avoid Mt Caburn on Sunday unless there's somewhere else to park and walk from ?

I have also looked at the website for Newhaven town and they too are holding a memorial march - details are to be found here -

     http://www.newhaventowncouncil.gov.uk/pdf/events/4420.pdf

SO, with the forecast showing SE to SSE with a good 20 to 25 mph gusts, maybe go to Butts Brow on the outskirts of Eastbourne ?
You will avoid the marches and get a good flying session ( I hope).
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment