Tuesday 17 March 2015

A warm welcome in the valleys!

After Steve's visit last weekend it was my turn to make a return visit to South Wales. Met up with the guys - Steve, Mark, Phil and Josh and flew a new slope to me called 'The Fochriw' which was not far from Merthyr Tydfil.
It was a 'bang tidy' 1377ft high slope that you can drive up to virtually to the slopes edge. It was a little cold - FFFFreezing actually. 3 degree's sitting in the car and I'm assuming a minus something wind chill!
Mark gave us a very impressive display of how to fly a Mouldy, and it did shift across the slope!!. I flew my M60 loaded up with ballast and the old trusty Valenta Dragon. I am getting into flying the Dragon now. Its old but can still whistle along when needed. Even managed to get it to fly around inverted for a while which is a new one for me.
Big Phil was there with his Hawk and Half Pipe and Josh (Phil's son) both giving a good display of their flying skills. Mark was later flying a Chris Foss AcroWat with the engine and under carriage removed as a slope soarer - different!
Here is a video of just some of the flying at 'The Fochriw' . Make sure you watch it to the end where you will see me suddenly fall to the ground just as the model is about to land. Silly fool fell down a big hole and landed on me face, lucky I was flying a foamy!!
Thanks again to Steve and the his friendly mates. Hope to see you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment