Tuesday 24 March 2015

A470 Soaring

Hi guys at Slope Soaring Sussex. Paul has very kindly allowed me to post on your blog and to share some of the things we do in S Wales with you. And with that in mind, I'd like to point you in the direction of a build project that my good mate Phil has just finished.

He has built a Impala jet trainer for the slope made from correx, corrugated plastic in 2mm & 4mm thickness. The whole build, excluding RX only cost £48.

He gave it it's maiden flight on Saturday at the Wrecker on the Bwlch, an awesome bowled cliff, known for its huge lift. Phil said it flew well beyond his expectations and only requires a little nose weight removing.

I was supposed to be building one as well but I just haven't got the time at the moment with model repairs to do before my Cornwall sloping holiday, (my Wildthing is coming along nicely Rob, lol), a rebuild of my Polecat EPP60, and completing the PSS Lightning I bought off Paul. So as Phil currently has some time on his hands, he is going to make a start on my Impala.

Here are a couple of taster pics but you can see all of them on A470 Soaring under the title of Correx Impala Build.



No comments:

Post a Comment