Wednesday 10 December 2014

Itford Hill 10th Dec 2014

HI All,
Graham U and I met up at Itford Hill today at12:30. Graham was heavily delayed on the way after having shredded a tyre on his limmo. Luckily he changed it and was able to make it to the hill on time. Neither of us had a camera - Graham's on board video had a flat battery , so I used my phone camera to no great good - see  pic of Graham's 'new' 100" glider below  ( out of focus) -


Either way, we had over an hour's flying. I took my Stargazer which flew really well, but on landing (very softly), decided to shed half the tail !
Graham kindly lent me the Fusion , so I did a quick 'bind' and I was away again with my old model which Graham has managed to make fly much better than I remember.

We had a good time, the lift was great and the wind was howling Westerly (ish), Graham landed his 100" model up the top of the hill after we both trekked up there to get a smoother landing area.

Just then I got a text from Captain Hampshire warning of rain on the way, so we left the hill and headed to the cars. Here you can see the rain West and North of us, but coming our way !







No comments:

Post a Comment