Thursday 3 April 2014

Colley Hill this Saturday

Friday 04/04 Update: Weather now looks not so good for Saturday and still wet on Sunday. Unless you get up to Colley hill early then you might just miss the rain. Let me know if anyone still wants to go tomorrow. I'm always up for a challenge.

The latest weather forecast for the weekend (which may well change) shows Saturday as the only real opportunity to go slope soaring this weekend but as I say that could change tomorrow. But if the wind and weather conditions stay the same as forecast then we could expect a 10 - 16mph SSW wind with the odd shower but mainly broken cloud. This doesn't give us a huge choice of slopes to fly as place like Mill Hill works better in a SW wind. I am looking at Colley Hill near Reigate, Surrey (Click here for a MAP) where if the wind does what is sais its going to do , should be perfect for Colley Hill.
It can get busy so I am proposing an early start say 9.00 - 9.30 up at the car park? Its a short walk through the wood and over the M25 and then you are up on a beautiful steep bowl. Again if you make the effort you will be rewarded with some good lift.
Anyone else coming out to play?

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for that. Chance to test out my new toy, though from what I remember from last time landings a bit tricky!

    ReplyDelete