Friday 2 September 2022

Last Chance for the North Easterly, 1st September 2022

I have not been able to come on the recent club outings to the South Downs, but I didn't want to miss the chance to fly in the warm dry NE wind while it lasted (there were heavy showers later). So I packed the car and drove two miles to the bottom of Wolstonbury Hill then proceeded to climb up to my favourite spot.


The forecast predicted wind speeds of about 13mph with gusts over 20mph - a bit too blustery for my liking. But having made the effort to get there, and allowing myself 10 minutes to catch my breath, I had to give it a go.
There followed numerous five-minute sorties of adrenalin-pumping flying action, or wind-wrestling as I call it, as the elements and I debated the question of whether my models were flying forwards or blowing backwards. I am pleased to report that my models generally dominated the argument, only requiring one rescue mission when the Tomahawk landed on the wrong side of the barbed wire fence behind me.

Happy Landings
Russell H

No comments:

Post a Comment