Tuesday 17 May 2022

Glider Identification Required

Hello all, I have had a request from a fellow flyer who is trying to indentify a model glider. Below is a description of the glider and I have attached a number of photographs. He is also looking for any information regarding the initial set up. Many thanks Tony. Looks like a thermal rather than slope but as I’m keen to get into slope soaring I thought it would be a good starting point in very light winds. It has a fibreglass fuselage and built up under cambered wings the tips appear to be thin ABS plastic Its measurements are more akin to inches rather than metric so could be quite old. It also has 2 snake outers glued in fuselage that serve the v tail. Its 6’ wingspan 3’ fuselage. The wing chord is 7 and half inch at root tapering to 5 and a quarter inch at tip. The wing is polyhedral and the purple section has the control surfaces so should I use these as ailerons and set the tail up as elevator only or conventional v tail and wing flaps ( I’ve read differing info using ailerons on polyhedral wing ). The inside of the canopy has a logo ‘KMK Model’ that I’ve googled but so far no luck. Hoping someone recognises the glider and can give advice on initial setup. Thanking you again for any info. Best Regards John

No comments:

Post a Comment