Sunday 9 February 2020

My first Mouldie glider



I thought I would make a start on a blog about my first mouldie, write a piece, add photos and spec of my model I ended up with.
After joining the club around October 2018, I started flying again after 12 years with a wildthing 46, which is a real confidence giving model to break me back in, I was hooked and after joining fellow member on the slopes, I got to see what had happened in the world of development of models over the last 12 years.

I was use to building a model from wood and too see these precision moulded machines was an eye opener and I knew I wanted one, one day.
So after watching the BMFA classifieds and chatting with Paul H I set myself a budget, I knew I wanted to start off with a second  mouldie, since a new fully kitted out model was out of my reach.

With Pauls input, he suggested I put a wanted advert out on the BMFA, here I was having a nightmare, I just couldn't  get myself into the system, even after help from the BMFA admin.
So I went to BARCS, within a day after placing my advert with my budget of around £300 I started receiving model offers.
Paul Kindly reviewed them for me and then fours days later I was offered, what I would of said was a gem, a 2.5m F3F moldie, fibreglass carbon reinforced and carbon wing, kitted out with servos ready to go, just add receiver in fantastic condition called a Big Bird.

Photos to follow and I love it, great colour too, red with blue under wing stripes.

I started back flying with Spektrum radio but was intrigued by Frsky and it programing options, so found a Taranis x9d + to try and with some help from Mark and Graham set to work programing the radio.

Story to continue, with photos, setups and flight report.

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up Nick, good luck with the programming, Graham tells me it's easy but I'll stick with the Spektrum....I wondered what you were talking about when you mentioned the Big Bird, so now I know !!

    ReplyDelete