Friday 3 August 2018

Isle of Wight Cliff Soaring

Had a lovely day yesterday on the Isle of Wight with my youngest and her friend. Slipped a few models in the car just in case an opportunity came up to fly. After a visit to a theme park we drove along the southern side of the Island to a small car park just along from the Pearl Factory near Brightstone  (MAP)
The girls had a chill in the sunshine and a picnic and I quickly rigged the Ascot.
I have flown at this site now on many occasions so was sort of confident 'it might' work!
There is always a little trepidation when the wind is light and you are standing at the edge with the sea below you but hey just get on with it. I was quickly in ,thermal mode' with some extra camber / down flap to give me some additional lift and I was maintaining above the cliff top (which is a bonus).
Two flights and two nice landings with no harsh sink or turbulence as the wind was very light. A lovely hour's soaring on a beautiful day.
I do love the Isle of Wight!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, What an excellent opportunity to get some cliff gliding - I remember going there with our Ninjas a few years ago - great fun......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Paul. I’d be up for another trip to IoW!

    ReplyDelete