Friday 9 March 2018

Anyone up for a Spring Club Expedition?

HI all, Its that time of the year that I'm thinking about a spring trip to try our some other slopes. Maybe a two or three day trip somewhere that has mega slopes which work in all sorts of wind directions. So where could we go? There's Wales! The Bwlch & Rhossili. These St Agnus down in Cornwall or we could go and visit Darbyshire (a guy came down from there to buy a glider off me recently and said the slopes where great) or possibly to the Isle of Wight. I'm after some feed back really. I know that there will only be the usual few who would possibly be interested in making the effort to drive a distance just to go flying but the offer is open to everyone. My lovely new Stingray is nearly finished (thanks Tim) as she needs a decent slope to fly from. So get in contact if you would be up for a Spring flying trip somewhere. Our good mate Steve (A470Soaring) is hoping to come down on the 14th & 15th April, so keep that weekend free so we can join him on the slopes. If the wind is Southerly I was thinking we could nip over to the Isle of Wight for the day and enjoy some cliff soaring. What do you think Steve, you up for it?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul - Yep, I'm always up for anything, and I'm still on for my trip in April.
    For your info, I have flown St Agnes a few times as my son lives in Cornwall, so I always take a model or 3 along with me. You will need a wind direction of NW to SW. Any wind with east in it is hard to find a slope, but there are a couple of places, (I think), on the south coast for southerlies. But in my experience, St Agnes Head is the best place in Cornwall to fly. Typical coastal sites but generally with good landing zones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I don't think I can do a spring outing , but should be around for flying with Steve in April...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another option would be for you guys to fly the Orme at Llandudno. I've flown there 7 or 8 times, and it's awesome when the wind does blow, and you have several wind directions to play with and hotels in the town to stay at. I'll be up there a couple of times this year as the PSSA regularly have meets up there.
    Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete