Monday 29 January 2018

Ian's X-Models Stingray

Myself, Ian and Tony met up at Itford Hill at a blustery Sunday morning. Tony with his foamy, Ian with his new Stingray and myself with my newly purchased Ascot from Will.
The wind was way off the slope but strong enough to be working well at times. It was rough and my Ascot went well but was getting knocked all over the place by the turbulence.
The day goes to Ian and his Stingray. He purchased it months ago and has been waiting for the right day and yesterday 'was the day'!.
With a really goof heave the Stingray was airborne and a little down trim it was off and running like a racehorse out of the stalls. It cut through the turbulence like a hot knife through butter. It's energy retention was amazing. Pull up and it just continues to climb. I not fair cos I want one!
Ian flew his new toy brilliantly and made two very good landings. Well done man!

3 comments:

  1. A semi-scale glider that flies as good as it looks - what more can you ask? I guess this is the HS (Heavy Slope) version.
    Nice video, with 'interesting' rendition of Gerry Anderson's iconic theme tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Russell. Yes, its the heavy slope Stingray. You haven't got one hiding away in the back of the shed you want to sell me?

      Delete
  2. I think that's just a great bit of video, brilliant flying in rough conditions and the landing is textbook. I LOVE the 'stingray' theme tune Paul, but you need singing lessons !

    ReplyDelete