Friday 15 September 2017

Omega ~ Progress Report #5


After ironing on the last of the Solartex it's time for the customary garden photo of the finished model.
 
With R.C. equpment installed and ballast added to achieve the required C of G the all up weight is 37oz (1048g), so with a six foot wingspan the wing loading comes in at around 11.7oz per square foot which is pretty average for a slope soarer I think.
The wing section is semi-symmetrical at the root graduating to fully symmetrical at the tip which should allow a for a reasonable inverted performance.
Considering it's a 45-year-old design I think it looks quite trendy!
Happy landings
Russell H

4 comments:

  1. Looks stunning Russell. Should go really well. Look forward to seeing it fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russell, I really like the look of the Solartex,the model really benefits from not being too 'glossy' as per Solarfilm. I'm using Solarfilm matt on my Weihe and that too looks similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Russell,
    Can you tell me the position of the CoG ?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juan,
    About 80mm from the wing leading edge at the root.
    At least that is a good place to start, I have recently removed some nose weight to try and inprove the balance.
    Have you flown this design?

    ReplyDelete