Wednesday 16 March 2016

Ian Lisseter's Spectre has flown

Hi All,
Yesterday Ian L came over to my house and we set up his completed Spectre ready for the maiden flight.
Today Ian and I met at the Beacon at 10:00 and it was VERY COLD in the strong NE wind.
We went over the stile to the N facing slope edge and I flew the Spectre to trim it up.
It went very well, just needed some up elevator to keep the nose from dipping, otherwise a very stable and well-built model.
I then handed it to Ian for his first real Slope Soaring session.
It went very well, Ian stuck to my instructions - traverse the hill in a figure of eight and turn into wind at each end of the slope. The model was brilliant and Ian proved a very competent flier.
After about 20 minutes I took over and landed because we were both getting too cold to carry on.
Ian has proven his skills and got his first taste of sloping and the Spectre was easily up to the task.

Can't wait to see Ian again for his second flight !

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment